Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27577 Ignoramus27577 is offline

Default 10 HP Quincy compressor (finally found a fall project)

On 2007-10-17, George wrote:
Brian Lawson wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:34:52 -0500, Ignoramus27577

On 2007-10-17, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Hmmm ... single stage! In my limited experience, the large compressors
have been 2 stage. Now that I think about it, 2 stage gives you higher
pressure, but single stage greater cfm (for same horsepower). I think.

I am not sure, yet, if it is single stage or not. I am going to have a
look in a couple of days.

Hey nIggy,

It has two intakes with filters. It is a 2 cylinder single stage. A
2-stage has only a single inlet. The output from that first stage
goes to the second stage cylinder, which also will be smaller.

Brian,

It is a four cylinder, two stage. Each bank has a low pressure and a
high pressure cylinder. Admittedly I haven ever seen that particular
configuration but the documentations shows that. It is in fact a QT-15,
not a QT-10 as it says on the tank.

The high pressure cylinder is just barely visible beyond the low
pressure, look low, just above the crankcase and you can see the high
pressure cylinder.

George

Surprisingly, in agreement with what you just said about QT-15, the
Quincy service rep emailed me the manual for QT-15. I thought that he
simply made a mistake. But he told me, once I said there is two
cylinders on each side of the V, that "I know exactly what pump you
have". And he sent me the QT-15 manual. Now I see this in a different
lightl. It looks like a QT-15 with a 10 HP motor.