Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Clear Plastic - surface scratches

Hi Matty

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 03:55:39 -0700, Matty F
wrote:

On Oct 17, 5:46 am, Albatross wrote:
Does anyone out there have the solution to removing surface scratches on
4mm clear plastic?. I have tried using plastic, glass and even metal
cleaner, without success

I have used cerium oxide (a very fine powder) for polishing scratches
out of windscreens and windows. It takes hours but does work. I
imagine it might polish plastic OK. Don't breathe in the powder.

How did you do this ?
I ask because I have a supply of cerium oxide - and a couple of
fairly noticeable scratches on the inside of the windscreen on my
'64 Moggie Traveller (apparently caused by a diamond engagement
ring, as the wearer 'demisted' the windscreen !)

Can't decide whether to keep the scratches as a 'feature' - or try
taking them out by polishing.....

....did you use any mechanical assistance - or just elbow grease ?

Thanks
Adrian