Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Helpneeded!

Eeyore wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:

(d) we're socially advanced[1] enough to act responsibly and ameriorate
the effects of our actions
And how would that be ?

Any one of a million ways.

Lack of any meaningful answer or even any attempt to answer noted.

I didn't tell you how to count beyond ten without taking your socks off
either, prat.

How hve I reduced my energy usage?
Ive stoped driving a large expensive thirsty car everywhere.
I spend more time shopping online, and getting stuff delivered via cheap
cost efficient diesel vans than sitting in traffic queues to visit my
local shopping mall.
I have insulated my house as well as I can.
I run open fires that burn wood I cut from my land. Every little helps.
I work from home as much as possible.
I buy secondhand goods whose energy of manufacture has already been paid
for wherever possible.

Why? because its cost effective with rapidly rising energy prices.
As much as anything.

What could government do to make more people behave similarly?
Tax fuel, and tax NEW goods, And NOT tax income, savings, capital
assets, and secondhand goods.

Suddenly, when a two year old car is 1/3rd the price of a new one, we
wouldn't be changing em every two years..we would FIX them. And with
labor costs maybe 40% cheaper, that would be a double whammy.

Government policy is geared to encourage a throwaway borrow-and-spend,
lifestyle.

Flip the taxation regime around and encourage a thrifty make-do-and-mend
society, and our resource consumption will plummet.

Graham