Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default chainsaw sharpening help

Tom
What flats? If you mean the top of the teeth, do not grind. I file the round
section of the tooth and occasionally the depth guages in front of the
tooth. This has worked fine for myself and my family many of whom are
professional loggers.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"TomNie" wrote in message
Hey guys,
I got the HF chainsaw grinder that Mac recommended - still haven't used
it, but I got it :-) (and I got a 30 ton logsplitter yesterday).

Question: How are you grinding the flats?

I recently saw a Dremel with proprietary attachment but I don't have a
Dremel. I do have a Foredom carving kit.

I got a fantastic chain info site from an earlier post and I'm sure this
has been covered before so be patient. My computer crashed two weeks ago
and I lost everything (please, that's another story).

TomNie