Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

Jim wrote:
"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:01:03 -0500, Jim wrote:

Define global warming skeptic;
a person who believes it's not happening? or,
a person who believes it is happening, but mankind has nothing to do
with it and can't do anything about it?
or...?

Somebody who experiences absolutely no increase in the temperature of the
sand surrounding their head.

To clear the air, I believe it is happening, slowly and inexorably, man
has precious little to do with it, can't stop it if he tried, and every
proposal to prevent it basically calls for a return to the Stone Age, i.e.,
the destruction of Western Civilization as we know it.

Well I am half with you there.

RAPIDLY and inexorably, and man has everything to do with it, and
nearly every proposal to cure it is as ill informed as those who claim
its not happening or its not our fault.

Until you can get India and China on board to do something about it, you
are wasting your breath, IMO. =IF= it really even is something man can
affect at all......

I can assure yu if e.g. the USA developed a safe fusion generator the
size of a bicycle and gave the technology to the world, the Chines would
take it up faster than you can say 'chow mein'

Meanwhile, the Martian Ice caps continue to shrink and the sun keeps
hurling CME's at us.

Sure. I am sure the suns is not static in output.

And the reduction in smog due to using catalysts in our cars has
actually made things slightly worse in terms of global warming.

To pin all your faith on one aspect of a complex situation is the mark
of a very simple man.

There are far too many of those on BOTH sides of the argument.

--
John Stumbles