Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

David Hansen wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:45:09 +0100 someone who may be Eeyore
wrote this:-

There are plenty of such schemes. Not just free insulation but also
replacement heating systems. Your council should have information
available on these, mine does.

I've always found such things to have bureaucratic paperwork hurdles in the past.

That is a disbenefit of many government schemes. Given that you are
proposing a government scheme I'll draw my own conclusion.

I believe it can be done without the wasteful, pointless and excessive paperwork. Simply
giving a record of the postcode and street number to qualify ought to be enough. You
couldn't get it twice at the same address if fraud was one's concern.

Government has decided that those who are not so badly off should
pay something themselves. If you disagree take it up with
government.

I said 'subsidised' would be adequate. Given the grants available for wind turbines and
the like, half-price should be the maximum one should have to pay.

As I pointed out in an earlier posting, half price things are
available from time to time, including loft insulation at the moment
in big orange sheds.

I saw no evidence of that reduction when I was there myself FWIW. If you could let me know
what it was you saw I'd be very interested as I'm looking to replace the plasterboard
ceiling in my single storey extension and I know it has no insulation there at present.

If your postings didn't break the threading on my newsreader it
would be rather easier to follow. I'm tired of wading through broken
threads, as a result this will be my last posting on the subject.

It's not anything broken with MY newsreader for sure.

Now, if I may maintain your interest, my point is that subsidised or even 'free' loft
insulation to today's standards would provide a better 'return on investment' than any fancy
windmill projects and should be a HIGH priority since it reduces actual demand. Reducing
demand/use has to be the most sane way to deal with today's energy issues.

Graham