Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

wrote in message ...
On 17 Oct,
Eeyore wrote:

John Stumbles wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:04:15 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

Here we used zinc ? plated steel ties to hold the 2 layers together.
Your method of cunstruction is certainly cheaper but I'd like to see
comparative thermal performance figures.

Eh? Extra long bricks (matching the facing bricks) cheaper than wall
ties
(which are basically large stainless-steel paperclips)? I think not!

The ties are cheaper. Galvanised steel (not stainless) isn't expensive.

I thought galvanised ties were no longer allowed, and stainless was
required
in new builds.

The ones used by magpies to build a nest in one of our trees were ss. I was
surprised because I'd only ever seen galvanised.

Mary