Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:45:09 +0100 someone who may be Eeyore
wrote this:-

There are plenty of such schemes. Not just free insulation but also
replacement heating systems. Your council should have information
available on these, mine does.

I've always found such things to have bureaucratic paperwork hurdles in the past.

That is a disbenefit of many government schemes. Given that you are
proposing a government scheme I'll draw my own conclusion.

Government has decided that those who are not so badly off should
pay something themselves. If you disagree take it up with
government.

I said 'subsidised' would be adequate. Given the grants available for wind turbines and
the like, half-price should be the maximum one should have to pay.

As I pointed out in an earlier posting, half price things are
available from time to time, including loft insulation at the moment
in big orange sheds.

If your postings didn't break the threading on my newsreader it
would be rather easier to follow. I'm tired of wading through broken
threads, as a result this will be my last posting on the subject.

However, that does not change the fact that your point is moot.

No it's not.

Proof by assertion is not convincing. I have explained why I think
your point is moot elsewhere and it would be easier to refer to if
the thread was not being continually broken.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh