Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Helpneeded!

wrote:

On 17 Oct,
Eeyore wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Here we used zinc ? plated steel ties to hold the 2 layers together.
Your method of cunstruction is certainly cheaper but I'd like to see
comparative thermal performance figures.

Eh? Extra long bricks (matching the facing bricks) cheaper than wall ties
(which are basically large stainless-steel paperclips)? I think not!

The ties are cheaper. Galvanised steel (not stainless) isn't expensive.

I thought galvanised ties were no longer allowed, and stainless was required
in new builds.

Maybe you know something I don't ?

At around 5p each here, there're still hardly expensive.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAINLESS-STEE...QQcmdZViewItem

Graham