Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:16:15 +0000, Jim wrote:

To clear the air, I believe it is happening, slowly and inexorably,
man
has precious little to do with it, can't stop it if he tried, and every

My opinion is that
(a) the evidence seems to be that it is happening
(b) it's quite possible that humany activities are contributing to, if not
causing, it
(c) the consequences could be disastrous for all humankind
(d) we're socially advanced[1] enough to act responsibly and ameriorate
the effects of our actions
(e) we're just about technologically advanced[2] enough to counter the
effects of naturally-occuring processes (cf threat of asteroid strike
which we're (i) beginning to watch out for (ii) beginning to plan how to
avert).

[1] or should act as if we are
[2] or should act as if we are

proposal to prevent it basically calls for a return to the Stone Age,
i.e., the destruction of Western Civilization as we know it.

so, you are really saying that non-western civilisations == stone-age?

--
John Stumbles

Ohnosecond
Instant in time when you realise that you've just made a BIG mistake.