Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

On 2007-10-17 08:04:11 +0100, Eeyore
said:

I'd rather see public money spent on reduction of energy use than
tokenist 'green
generation'.

I would rather see a decline in "public money" and for individuals to
make their own arrangements as they choose.

Experience shows that many individuals spent their money unwisely. Or simply
maybe they are unaware of better sensible options.

I agree with you regarding most "green generation"

The better solutions would be to address generation by investment in
nuclear capacity rather than to cripple economic development via
foolhardy exercises having minimal effect.

I agree with the idea about nuclear generation. I think it's the best, simplest,
fastest option to reduce fossil fuel based energy usage and if nothing else that
will have a positive result for 'energy security' issues.

I'm sorry, but with the average IQ at 100, most people simply aren't
smart enough to behave in their own best interests much of the time.

That is their choice

You would apparently have the
idiots hold sway.

Idiots, some people may be, perhaps we should remove their vote also.

An interesting point.

I'd make politicians have to pass an exam for intellectual competency too.

Graham