Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Mismatched voltage wired in parallel. What is resulting voltage?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:59:42 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:

Fundamental questions.

Given:

If I wire two 3V 1mA batteries in parallel, the result is 3V 2mA.

---
No, it isn't.
---

If I wire two 3V 1mA batteries in series, the result is 6V 1mA.

---
No, it isn't.
---

BUT:

1. What happens if I wire the following in parallel:

3V 1mA
6V 1mA

---
The 6V battery will discharge into the 3V battery until there is no
voltage difference between the batteries.
---

2. And similarly, the following in series:

3V 1mA
3V 2mA

---
Nothing.
---

Does #1 above average the voltage to 4.5V?

---
No.
---

Does #2 above average the current to 1.5mA?

---
No. There will be no current until a load is attached.
---

Thanks!

--
It's time for everyone to just step back, take a deep breath, relax, and
stop throwing hissy fits over crossposting.

---
**** you.

Since when are you the moderator here who can tell _everyone_ what
to do? Just ask your stupid questions, wait for your answers, and
then just go away instead of trying to run the show.

--
JF