Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Want to build an amp

"Fleetie" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote
Yeah, all OK here. I haven't been over on uk.rec.audio for a while, which
is why I guess I haven't caught up with you lately. I'll try and find the
time soon to see what everyone's up to. I got a bit hacked off before
with all the flame wars and pointless rants about £1000 cables and so on

Arfa

I'm afraid you'll find it's deteriorated even more. There are
fewer serious contributors now, I think, and it's half been
taken over by a load of nutters from aus.hi-fi, for reasons
unclear to me. These are grown men in their fifties and sixties
waging never-ending hate campaigns against each other with a
level of puerility and malice that exceeds even what you used to
find a few years ago - which was already pretty high.

Phil Allison occasionally posts some good flames to ukra; personally
I find them hilarious, but most don't share that opinion.

I can't remember the last time I bothered posting there.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967
110890

OK, maybe I won't bother then. It's a shame though, coz there were some good
people on there, and I used to enjoy the discussions even when they reached
the 'heated exchange' level, but I couldn't be doing with the endless
descent of threads into moronic profanity-slinging and violence-promising
matches. I also never really understood Phil. He is clearly a clever bloke
in the field during his lucid times. I have seen very valid replies to
posters' questions, with a level of technical content which demonstrates
this fact. It can go on for several replies over a week or so, and then
suddenly, something often undetectable sets light to him, and it's as though
he is a completely different person. It's very strange ... Still, takes all
sorts, I guess. So what are you up to for a job now ? What was winding you
up about Monday ?

Arfa