Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Arthur Shapiro Arthur Shapiro is offline

Default Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a serious flaw in the camera?

I happen to be one of those who suffered this common problem.

Just to lend some seriousness, duct tape doesn't work. There's enough
continuous upward pressure on the door from the spring-loaded pair of AA cells
that the door gradually shifts the tape, opens slightly, and loses the
electrical connection.

Rubber bands don't work because they happen to pass over various controls
(such as the zoom) that need to be freely accessible.

I envy those who had enough of the surgeon's touch to mount a paperclip. I
myself used the delightfully outside-the-box solution of the metal plate
externally mounted via a bolt through the tripod mount. Brilliant!

I'd also opine that this (rec.home.repair; I see it's cross-posted within
reason) is an appropriate newsgroup, or certainly not inappropriate, for the
discussion of repairing a physical household item. Appliance repair
discussion tends to go here, and this seems little different.

Art