Grant Erwin

Default welding table

For years I've used a 30x30x3/8" piece of plate steel and a 55 gallon
drum. When I'm welding I set the plate on top of the drum. When I'm not,
I lean the plate against the wall and turn the drum upside down. Every
now and then I brush off the rust and wipe the plate down again with
some boiled linseed oil. It doesn't rust much anymore. Works real well,
but someday I'm going to build a real table.

By the way, don't kill yourself on trying to get a flat surface. Few
weldments are really flat. Settle for what looks straight. On a 30"
square frame I'm happy if everything's square within 1/32".

Grant

Adriaan Gerber wrote:
Hello everyone

I'm looking for plans or suggestions for building a simple and
inexpensive gas welding table that can be taken apart and moved easily
if necessary. Stability and flat layout surface would be my main
requirements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Adriaan Gerber -- http://www.adriaangerber.com