Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Jim[_2_] Jim[_2_] is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

On 2007-10-15, Ed Sirett wrote:

More useful in this whole thread would IMHO be:

What is the maximum outlay for a solar assisted water heating at current
gas/oil prices.

It might _just_ be possible that a diy approach is just about possible if
you value your time as nothing and make some/all of the equipment
yourself.

Professionally installed we are off by a multiple at present.

Hear, hear.

Personally, I'm not sure I would trust someone else to do this sort of
thing to my home. I think very few people would. Most alt energy things I've
seen are insane, bordering on scams, and definitely waaaaay overpriced.

--
"Religion poisons everything."
[email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org dot uk]