Posted to misc.consumers.house
free-0-fat free-0-fat is offline

Default Septic tank -- how often to pump?

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
The county health department says every 2 to 4 years, which seems
like an awfully long time to me. I know when I rented a house my
landlord had the tank pumped every year.

I'm one person, and the tank is 500 gallons. Any guidelines?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

We pump ours every 3 years (2 people). Every 3 months we add two cakes (or
packets) of yeast in one cup of sugar water, The latter keeps the "beasties"
happy. This all is per the recommendation of the installer and pumper.