Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Home Depot house paint sux big time!!

SteveB wrote:
"dpb" wrote

Ain't enough money in the world to get me to be involved in rental
property if I had to do _anything_ on the maintenance aspect as being
discussed in this thread...

True on real rental properties. We rented two houses to four different
Police Officers, two to a house. Rented them for two years. They wouldn't
change a light bulb or pick up a beer bottle, and there were thousands.
But, they did pay their rent on time.

Then we decided on vacation rentals. House payments were about $700 a week.
We now get $300 a night, $1700 a week, $3900 a month. Plus $100 cleaning
fee for each group, which we just pass along to the two lady team that
cleans the house.

When you get those rates, the maintenance takes on another dimension. And
the people who stay are a totally different class of people. In three years
on two houses, we only had one bad group, a bunch of frat rats that came for
the poker tournament.

Diff'rent strokes...I want nothin' to do with it, personally. I'll make
my money other ways, thank you.