Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Digital TV question

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:00:29 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:13:51 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

I haven't had my head in the sand, either. And I don't get my television
signal direct from the airwaves.

Your cable company is in as big a hurry to turn off analog as the
networks. Certainly they will be happy to rent you a box to output
NTSC but your "cable ready" stuff won't be "ready".
I understand Comcast has already done this in some places.

Yeah, maybe. The "sky is falling" crowd wears on me sometimes. So far I
haven't heard a peep from my cable company telling me they're about to
cut my luddite ass off. Why would they want to alienate their customer
base any more than they already do?

The cable company here hasn't changed what they make available on
analog (other than moving all the premium/PPV to digital).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."