Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a serious flaw in the camera?

On Oct 15, 11:45 am, Jeanette Guire
wrote:
I'm curious why the following three camera reviewers totally missed a
very
serious and obvious flaw in the Nikon Coolpix camera lineup.

The question I am incensed about and very curious about is how could the
reviewers I trusted have been so inanely incompetent to have totally
missed
the fact the camera would inevitably turn into a brick due to the obvious
poor engineering that wasn't visible to the consumer but which should
have
been wholly obvious to the "professional" camera reviewer?

I've had a CoolPix for a couple of years now. Until you brought it up here,
I've never noticed the latch and never thought of it being a defect. Just
as the designer did not think it would have the faults that shoed up.

I really doubt that the reviews missed it, they just did not see it being a
problem. Yes, sometimes companies take a chance a launch a product with a
flaw, but most never see it until the unit is put to use for a period of
time and in greater numbers than their test panels.

Mine has thousands of photos and thousands of miles on in and still works so
I don't see it as a design flaw. If it does, I may change my mind.