Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT non-toxic antifreeze

"George" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
The g.f. picked up a used portable basketball hoop for the kids. This is
the type with the big plastic base that you fill with water. The label
on the pole suggests adding "non-toxic" antifreeze to the water. Is this
an auto parts store item? Or just pour in a few quarts of everclear?

You might want to wait & see if the kids are actually going to use the
thing when it's cold enough for the water to freeze.

At any rate though it needs to be pushed out onto the street so the street
can be turned into a playground. When I mentioned to one person who had
one on the street in front of their house that it was a pubic street and
drivers shouldn't have to thread their way through a playground to avoid
hitting kids they actually told me that I shouldn't be driving on "their"
street.

Uh oh. It's the Absolute Statement Hour, sponsored by Seagram.

I see some of these hoop things in or near the street. I also see some
nowhere near the street, with kids happily using them.