Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default What would you consider the minimum effective boundaries for a bridgeport and a 12x36 lathe?

Brian Lawson wrote:

I just have a small 15,000 BTU natural gas un-powered "wall furnace",
set to 60 degrees, and it's real nice to work in. Ceiling fans running
24/7 help with a number of problems. I don't have it, but others
swear by natural gas or propane radiant heat.

Is that a vented furnace? I've used torpedo and kerosene heaters but they
dump at least a gallon of water for gallon of fuel or near that into
atmosphere. Navy blimps burning diesel actually got heavier as fuel burned
out. Just a bit of trivia. The collected the water vapor from exhaust and
sent it to ballast tanks. Saved venting helium to adjust buoyancy.

Wes