Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

In January 1993 we paid something over £300 for cavity wall insulation,
accompanied by the mocking of neighbours (just as they did in January 2005
when installed solar water heating). They said it wouldn't make any
difference to anyone except the company which did it.

Was it a new house then?
I had cavity wall insulation in 1980.
Being a physicist I was able to work out how much it would save me in gas
whatever the neighbors said.
I do not have solar heating, nor will I unless I DIY it as it doesn't make
economic sense and it won't help global warming either.