Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Celtic box finished...

Owen Lawrence wrote:

Not all cheap imported stuff is junk. I was given a box by an Indian who
came here to Canada to take a high tech. course from us. He gave me a box
as a gift, and it was really hard wood intricately carved and well made. I
know he was not nearly as well paid as I am, so even though it was a gift I
believe I can assume it was not expensive. I'd be challenged to make a box
as good as that one.

Since you bring that up...

This is a store in my 'hood: http://www.littletibet.com/ My wife is
on a first name basis with the staff.

They sell lots of stuff like your gift. While he may not have paid lots
in India, the DEALER will get whatever the market will bear. Kate's
carved box is easily comparable to carved boxes in that store selling
every day for $300-500.

If Kate can set herself up as the maker and retailer, vs. wholesaling
them... G