Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default paint calculation

mazaltov wrote:

I need to pain 2800 sf house that we just bought. Guy in Sherwin
Williams said I need to calculate
1 Galon/400sf for walls 1 coat . Is that reasonable calculations? This
is bug house and I am trying to plan my budget.

400 sf? I've never used paint that was labelled for more than 200 sf.
Read the label and plan for at least 20% less coverage. It depends on
the surface and your painting technique. You also don't want to be down
to your last quart before you buy more .. if it is a mixed color, should
pour a newly opened gal. into the last quart of the previous and mix
them to keep any variation of color from being obvious.

It is easy to check .. SW website has all the scoop. Surprise ..tne
paint I checked says 250-300 sf, the other 350-400.
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/pro/...xterior_paint/