Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Affixing OSB to Ceiling Joists with (brad?) Nails

On Oct 16, 4:54 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
" wrote in message
I believe that screws would make this process much harder if not
impossible. What is the minimum spacing of 2" 18 AWG brad nails (16
AWG?) that I would need to hold up this 1/2" board with 16" joist
spacing? (too many will make the boards harder to pull off). If for
some reason it is not possible with brad nails then what is the
minimum finish nail requirement or some other fastener which I can
pull out instead of having to unscrew after the heads are filled?

Brads will work if you have enough, but four screws will be all the safety
you need I'd consider thinner board also.

I don't know if there are any code issues with OSB versus drywall.

Are you using a nail gun? If so, then brad the bejeezus out of it---
every 6" or so? If you are hand nailing it, every foot or so should
be sufficient. Now I know you aren't looking for advice, but I have
to say that I don't see how OSB is going to hold up to water or
survive being pulled down and put back up, etc.