Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
DM DM is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

David Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:17:50 +0100 someone who may be D Moodie
wrote this:-

I wonder if this is the cost after some sort of grant.

Others have pointed out that they got insulation for a similar
price, without any grant.

Apparently so, personally I don't know the full details of any of these ...
and I'm not really that interested in chasing them up either. But any decent
reference I come across still puts the costs at close to £500, for example.

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/...ll_insulation/

http://www.greenconsumerguide.com/article89.html

Sure people may have paid much less than this either with a grant included
up front as in your case or simply as a hidden part of the deal by the
installer.

So my conclusion, from any information I've come across, rather than just
hearsay, would still tend to be that the cost is close to £500, and an
installer may well charge in the region of £300 after they've claimed the
appropriate grant.