Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense! Help needed!

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:10:11 +0100 someone who may be Eeyore
wrote this:-

I've yet to see any example of 'alternative energy generation' make as much as an
ounce of financial sense for anyone 'on-grid'. Every single time, it'll be
massively outperformed by equivalent energy efficiency and insulation measures when
total energy requirements are examined truthfully.

I have yet to see a publication by say Friends of the Earth on
energy which does not say that one must first reduce energy
consumption by things like insulation and only then consider
"alternative" methods of generation.

Your point is moot.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh