Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
John Tserkezis John Tserkezis is offline

Default Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a seriousflaw in the camera?

Billy_Bancroft wrote:

If you expect hardy equipment at rock bottom prices, you're fooling yourself.

Then explain the titanium shell of Sony P&S cameras that have even withstood
being run over by a jeep and still kept working as new (true story). Story and
photos online in one of dpreview.com's discussion forums.

I can't explain it. Because I can't find any evidence of a Sony P&S with a
titanium casing. I've had a look on the sony site, and dpreview.com, but
there's too many cameras for the time that I can afford to look through
(looked at the first dozen or so, no find on "titanium").
What models where you talking about?

You're fooling yourself by thinking that money = quality.

I didn't imply that. I said "Price is a good indicator", not price is the
ONLY indicator.

Lengthy research into which ones are worth buying = quality.

Agreed.

Cost isn't an indication of anything these days, other than the seller's bank
account .... at the expense of fools who love nothing better than to parrot
outdated sayings that no longer hold any truth whatsoever.

It doesn't mean a thing. You do your homework and if you find that Product
A offers similar quality and features to Product B, but Product A is cheaper,
then you buy Product A. Duh.
Just because Product B is outlandishly expensive doesn't mean it's because
of any of the reasons you outlined, there are hundreds more reasons why. And
the bulk of those reasons have nothing to do with how far the manufacturer has
their finger up their backsides.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org