Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default How to attach wooden ball to metal conduit

I want to make a sturdy walking stick from a piece of leftover EMT
conduit. I'll put a rubber cane tip on the bottom, and for a handle I
was gonna use a heavy hardwood "cannonball" finial a little bigger than
a cue ball. What's the best way to attach it so it won't come off? I
think maybe drilling a 3/4" blind hole in the bottom and glueing it over
the end with JB Weld might be pretty close, but shouldn't it be pinned
or something? Or what about using a lag screw into a lead anchor?

I don't want the thing to come off if I'm twirling the cane like an
idiot or something. ;-)

Bob