Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bose Wave Radio

"Lynn" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 15, 2:50 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Asking for assistance with a Bose product is asking for trouble.

The Wave system (which I've heard) is a profoundly mediocre product sold
at a premium price. This failure would be a good opportunity to listen

around
for something better. You should be able to find a $200 "executive"

system
at Costco with substantially better sound. It won't be a "single-piece"
system, but a single-piece system that delivered really good sound would

be
large and unwieldy.

"Which I've heard". So if you haven't heard it first hand then how the

**** can
you say for yourself whether or not it is a"profoundly mediocre product

sold
at a premium price."

Because I've heard it, at length. That's what I said -- I've actually heard
it -- I was not repeating someone else's opinion.

If you can read, the original poster was asking about his CD player
not functioning properly, not for an opinion about Bose products.

It's sometimes appropriate to point out that a malfunctioning product should
be dumped for something better.