Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Applying sledgehammer to computer hard drives

Rex wrote:

Trevor Jones wrote:

I think the ones that are actual US govt./ military publications should
be sufficiently trustworthy.

Most of the military manuals, especially the improvised anything
ones, are only trustworthy if accompanied by the training that would
have gone with them when they were issued to those that needed them.

As stand alone knowledge bases, the ones I have seen, left a bunch to
be desired, and were written on the premise that the reader already
knew many important things.

That would explain the Operations section of the U.S. Army manual of the
Burke #4 horizontal mill:

OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS

" The operation of the Burke #4 Milling Machine is so simple that no
specific instructions are required "

The machine was simple and the guys that were expected to operate it
were expected not to be as simple as the machine.

I was referring to the large number of explosives "manuals" that are
reprinted an distributed widely about the web.

Cheers
Trevor Jones