Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tile grout and or or adhesive

Fred wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between grout (or adhesive)
for floor tiles and grout (or adhesive) for wall tiles?

I would have thought that grout (or combined grout and adhesive) for
walls and floors would be the same thing and could be used
horizontally or vertically?

Grout is generic: You might want it a bit more waterprrof for floors
thats all.

Adhesive is not: wall adhesive MAY be wea stiff: Floor adhesive needs to
take weight, and if te floor is not a solid lump of granite, some
felxure too.

Never use wall cement on a floor, but floor cement on a wall is fine,
juts bloody expensive.

I can see that adhesives may have differences as wall adhesive will
have to withstand gravity whereas floor adhesive will not, and floor
adhesive on wooden floors has to be flexible which may not apply to
wall adhesive.

Why do I need to buy two products to do the same job?

To save money.

Thanks.