Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Digital TV question

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:13:51 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

I haven't had my head in the sand, either. And I don't get my television
signal direct from the airwaves.

Your cable company is in as big a hurry to turn off analog as the
networks. Certainly they will be happy to rent you a box to output
NTSC but your "cable ready" stuff won't be "ready".
I understand Comcast has already done this in some places.

Yeah, maybe. The "sky is falling" crowd wears on me sometimes. So far I
haven't heard a peep from my cable company telling me they're about to
cut my luddite ass off. Why would they want to alienate their customer
base any more than they already do?