Posted to alt.home.repair
chicagofan chicagofan is offline

Default Replacing electrical wall outlets...

Doug Miller wrote:
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

You might try putting a little smear of "dielectric grease" on the prongs
of those plugs so that it lubricates the inside of the female recepticals.

You can get that kind of grease at auto supply stores.

I'd recommend getting it from an electrical supply, or you may wind up with
wheel bearing grease

Or simpler still, in the electrical department at Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace
Hardware, etc. -- you're looking for "OxGard".

Thanks to all of you who suggested this. I've made a note of this.
Home Depot is nearby.
bj