Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical - 24v residential light switches

"samurai" sammer003 @ yahoo.ca.spam wrote in message
news
My older house has these 24v, low voltage light switches made by
GE(circa 1950's) for the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathroom. At each
fixture, there is a 110v-24v transformer. I want to replace the
switch, it's broken, but can't find a part#, name or anything.

None of the electrical wholesalers, retail or anyone has heard of
these.

I've got a broken one, and others that I would like updated.
Has anyone heard/seen what these are??

In addition to RBM said, there are two wire switches and three wire
switches. It just depends on the type of system that was originally
installed. If you can only find three wire switches, you can just put a
jumper from the common to one of the other terminals to make it work. I
think that one brand name is Touchplate. Remcon makes replacements.

http://www.alltestequipment.com/cgi-...id=1&type=elec

http://michaelselectric.com/catalog/...roducts_id=458