Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Digital TV question

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:30:40 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:13:51 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

I haven't had my head in the sand, either. And I don't get my television
signal direct from the airwaves.

Your cable company is in as big a hurry to turn off analog as the
networks.

But way would they HAVE to make the change at the at the time
specified by that broadcast law?

BTW, the cable company here shows no sign of discontinuing analog
service. I know several people who have it.

Certainly they will be happy to rent you a box to output
NTSC but your "cable ready" stuff won't be "ready".
I understand Comcast has already done this in some places.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."