Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lakewood lakewood is offline

Default Looking for a replacement IC

On Oct 15, 12:04 pm, wrote:
I know this is a long shot but what the heck.

In a pile of used and/or obsolete video equipment that was given to me
I found a 16 camera video multiplexer that is really cool and looks
brand new. I hooked up the 2 video cameras I have and it worked fine
for about 5 minutes until the video output went bonkers. I opened it
up and found the video encoder IC to be heat sensitive.

The IC is a:
Philips SAA7199WP (84 pin PLCC) Digital Video Encoder.

Used in:
American Dynamics model 1584SL16 (SelectaView IIC) 16 channel video
multiplexer.

My problem is that this part seems to be available only through
component brokers and they all have a minimum order requirement of at
least $300. One outfit quoted me a price of $30 each but the minimum
order quantity was 11 parts for $330.

If nothing else I thought maybe I could find a junker unit to
cannibalize but I can't even find a reference to the model number on
the internet.

I'm hoping someone in the group might know of a source that would sell
just one of these without the minimum order requirement. It would also
help to know what other equipment this IC was used in
so I might find a junker to cannibalize.

Thanks
Rush14

Do you try WWW.Canics.com their site say they have 206 pcs.