Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Electronnic Spirit Level (Lidl)

On 2007-10-15 22:27:23 +0100, Derek Geldard said:

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:48:27 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

I agree with your first point, but not the second. I've got quite a soft
spot for the Royal Mail and I dearly wish for them to succeed and to
provide me with a competent service.

I would too, if I didn't believe that it's already too late for them.
The opportunities have been there and not taken on countless occasions.

However Consignia's management are,
by definition (implicit in the re-naming), clueless ****wits incapable
of carrying on the trade of whelk-based refreshment.

I don't disagree with you there either.

My sister runs a little jewellers shop, it's not Tiffany's or Mappin &
Webb, but she does repairs.

She also has a degree in law.

What gets up her trumpet is the fact that it costs about £0.40 to send
a repaired bracelet back to a customer, but if you want the RM to
guarantee they/their employees won't pinch it, it costs about a fiver,
which is within the same order of magnitude as the cost of a simple
repair.

Any other organisation in the country (or so she says) would have to
accept responsibility for goods entrusted to their care, but not the
RM.

I'm not so sure she's right haulage contractors in general tend to
have terms which limit their liability to according to the weight of
your consignement in proportion to the weight and value of a trainload

So here the situation is really that the repair costs £10 including
shipping and insurance.

There are plenty of products where the transport forms the lion's share
of the price at the end, so 50/50 is fairly good.