Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Helpneeded!

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

You're lucky to get 9m/s anywhere never mind 12 ! About 5-6m/s in much
of the South East from when I looked at it last week.

Which brings you power down to 5kW tops - so only a 140 year payback...

A 5kW average for 24 hours a day delivers about 44000 kWhr per year
- Call it £4000 per year of electricity. I make that about 9 years, long
but not too painful.

24 hrs a day, you would be lucky! I wonder what it costs to service a
£35k turbine?

Remember you also need to pay for grid capacity to cope with when there
is no (appropriate) wind.

--
Cheers,

John.