Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Protecting my deck this winter

"Mike S." wrote in
:

Your snow must be a lot lighter than our snow, I don't think a blower
would make a dent in the wet 18" deep snowfalls we tend to get in NJ.
A heavy duty pushbroom gets it right off the deck as long as the deck
has a nice coat of stain/sealer on it, unless it falls wet then
freezes overnight into a solid layer before you move it. In that case
your in for a lot more work with a shovel, and risk scraping the
boards if your not real careful. It's important to keep that deck
clear though so we can use the barbeque, nothing beats a nice grilled
steak in the middle of winter :-)

I've done Jersey snow, NY snow, CT snow, VT snow, and more. Yea there is a
difference for sure. Slush always comes to mind for the tri-state area.

Best snow I ever saw was in the 3 yrs I was in NC (almost SC). It snowed
once for like 3 minutes. It melted in 3 min.