Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud Larry Bud is offline

Default Digital TV question

On Oct 15, 9:46 am, wrote:
I know that soon we will all be forced to buy a convertor or else a
new tv, or we wont get anything on the older sets. I am not ready to
buy a new tv. My older one (which is only 2 years old) is still in
good shape. On the other hand, I am considering buying a new DVD/VCR
combo. Do those have the digital tv capabilities in their tuners? I
(Think) I could use the tuner on that DVD/VCR to get the digital
signal into my standard tv. Is this possible?

You ONLY have to buy a converter if you get your TV from over the
air... i.e. through an antenna.