Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Weed Wacker: using it tipped 90 degrees

"hobbes" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I was wondering if any one knows if it is OK / not OK to use a weed
wacker on it's side. Usuall a weed wacker is used with the head level
with the ground. However I was trying to trim so grass edges which had
run onto my garden path. So I tipped the week wacker onto it's side to
trim that grass. It seemed to work OK. What are the issues if any of
doing this? For example will the oil not circulate properly?

best, Mike.

I use mine at 90 all the time. But for edging, I use it straight on from
the side. Flat on the plane of the sidewalk. When I have cut in to the
edge of the grass, I lift up and push. The finished work is a rounded edge
of grass instead of the butch hair cut look of the straight down cut.

HTH. Your wacker is made to work in pretty much any position, tho.

Steve