Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Mismatched voltage wired in parallel. What is resulting voltage?

Fundamental questions.

Given:

If I wire two 3V 1mA batteries in parallel, the result is 3V 2mA.

If I wire two 3V 1mA batteries in series, the result is 6V 1mA.

BUT:

1. What happens if I wire the following in parallel:

3V 1mA
6V 1mA

2. And similarly, the following in series:

3V 1mA
3V 2mA

Does #1 above average the voltage to 4.5V?

Does #2 above average the current to 1.5mA?

Thanks!

--
It's time for everyone to just step back, take a deep breath, relax, and
stop throwing hissy fits over crossposting.