Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Reminder

"Arch" wrote in message

Turned my Jet mini VS off with a spindle between centers. Left an inquisitive young child in the shop for just a second while I went into the house. Came back within a minute. The child was happily watching
the spindle revolve at 1500 rpm. Whew! Memo to me and maybe some of you:
Most on-off switches are NOT enough.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

ALWAYS good to have a reminder like this Arch. I have seen so many
accidents over the years that were simply that... you can never be
too careful.

I know have a nephew (7 yrs.) that wants to be like Uncle Robert and
thinks he should be able to use any tool he feel comfortable with.
And he is one busy boy... really busy. So it is really important to
keep an eye on him all the time, and when we are working on something
together I make sure he is no farther than arm's length away from me.
When we leave the shop, even if it is for me to let a little coffee
out, I find a reason for him to come back into the house with me.

Thanks for the reminder.

Robert