Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Statistics for week ending 20071015

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 06:44:31 -0700, Don Stauffer in Minnesota
wrote:

On Oct 15, 6:49 am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 04:40:07 -0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Statistics) quickly quoth:

This post is generated weekly as a service to the participants of
Rec.Crafts.Metalworking

Turquoise SuperStat 2.2 * Message area statistics
=============================================== ==

(c) Copyright 1998-2005 Peter Karlsson

This report covers 6200 messages written between 2007-09-15 00:18:20 and
2007-10-14 23:06:02
Toplist of writers

Place Name Msgs Bytes Quoted
1. Ed Huntress 390 678413 62.0%

When Ed comes back to Usenet, he does it with gusto.

2. Too_Many_Tools 208 481558 67.0%

Plonking sure saves me a lot of hassle. In this case, it's a minimum
of 208 unseen trolls.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----

I would like to see some historic comparisons. I find many old-line
newsgroups are seriously declining. One, rec.models.scale has gone
from around two hundred a day five years ago to about twenty a day
these days. I have noticed a significant drop in several others.

This group seems to be one of the few staying really active.

My ISP no longer supports newsgroups, so I went to Google Groups.
Lately it looks like GG is also letting their support drop
significantly. I notice a lot of errors in the listings, and find the
link inactive occasionally.

Is Usenet dying? Too many individual web-based discussion groups?

No...its just the end of Summer...and the winter doldrums havent
started people seeking out Usenet for entertainment yet.

Gunner