Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw jw is offline

Default Mill choreography

On Oct 13, 9:04 am, Paul wrote:
Wes wrote:
"Jerry Foster" wrote:

A little cleverness in the design can save a world of time (and cost) in the
making...

I'm a firm believer that engineers should spend some time as apprentices
making the things they aspire to design.

Wes

And repairing them also....

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.

That is what my dad has said for years. He always wondered if the
engineer designing "X" ever actually had to repair it. When you have
to dissassemble an entire machine to access some medium/high wear item
it's frustrating. Particularly when you look at it and if the
designer would have made "this" little tweak it would be a simple job.

I have tried to keep that in mind as I have been in the design
environment.

JW