Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years to repay...nonsense!Help needed!

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:29:45 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 01:57:46 -0700, Jonathan wrote:

I opened my paper yesterday to see the following wildly inaccurate,
misleading and sensationalist report regarding home energy saving and
renewable energy. It was in several of the papers, here are some
links.

From the Reading Freecycle Cafe list:

Alan Parker wrote:
I opened my paper yesterday to see the following wildly inaccurate,
misleading and sensationalist report regarding home energy saving and
renewable energy. It was in several of the papers, here are some links.

---8--- cut&pastery snipped ---8---

Now I know wise minds think alike (etc :-) but so alike it's word-for word
throughout each posting?

More useful in this whole thread would IMHO be:

What is the maximum outlay for a solar assisted water heating at current
gas/oil prices.

It might _just_ be possible that a diy approach is just about possible if
you value your time as nothing and make some/all of the equipment yourself.

Professionally installed we are off by a multiple at present.