Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default recessed spotlight wiring.

On 2007-10-15 12:35:22 +0100, David Hansen
said:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:08:13 +0100 someone who may be "Dave Plowman
(News)" wrote this:-

Ah yes, the old, "I'll not get off my backside until everyone else
has got off their backside line."

No - it's called being realistic.

If we take the argument to its logical conclusion then nobody would
do anything, because they would be waiting for others to do the same
thing first. However, some people do take the initiative and start
trends rather then follow them.

That's just stupid.

If there is an issue, then the appropriate course of action is to
address the most significant contributing factors first.

This one is playing a marketing game of "Let's get everyone involved"
while directing attention away from the more politically difficult
things that may actually make a difference - always assuming that it is
necessary to make a difference.