Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Is he taking the mick?

wrote in message
oups.com...

I've got a decorator in re-decorating my hall, stairs & landing as
part of an insurance claim. While I was out this morning he painted 7
standard door frames and (very, very roughly) 15-20 meters of skirting
in 3 hours. He's saying that before painting it he also gave it all a
rubdown. (It wasn't in bad nick).

This would take me weeks of effort - but I accept that's because I'm
way too slow / thorough but is it reasonable or possible that a
professional decorator could have done all of this in 3 hours?

Can you not check by looking for the new paint? It should be fairly easy to
spot and see if he is telling porkies. Is the (very, very roughly)
referring to his workmanship or your estimating! Also even with a tea break
after every door frame it would take me less than a day, and I am not fast
either!!

HTH

John